There is nothing more important to us that the safety of our students.
We take this responsibility extremely seriously. We understand that referrals and investigations can be difficult for parents and carers but I am sure you will agree with us that to ensure we do keep our students we MUST investigate and where we feel a need, refer any concerns.
- To ensure the safety of all our students we have invested heavily in systems that keep the site secure (locked gates, restricted access and strategically placed cameras) and manage all visitors to the site.
- All visitors, with the exception of inspectors and school improvement partners are escorted around the school.
- We have trained 5 staff Designated Safeguarding leads who manage all disclosures and referrals. In addition to this our Headteacher and Chair of Governors have completed this training.
- We have 3 staff members and 3 governors fully trained in safer recruitment processes and ensure at least one trained person sits on every interview panel.
- We never employ anyone without carrying our a full DBS check, in addition to this all prospective employees must have submitted a full work history in their application and supplied two suitable references, one of which must be from their current (or last) employer.
- Our safeguarding team meets once a month 6 ensuring we have a platform to share learning and share best practice.
- Refresher training for all Designated Safeguarding Leads Takes Place on a bi annual basis.
- Whole staff training on Safeguarding makes up part of our compulsory programme of professional development.
- We have a team of 5 qualified Positive Behaviour Management specialists, 1 of whom is a principal instructor.
- All classroom and residential staff have been fully trained in Positive Behaviour Support and appropriate safe physical interventions, refresher training for all staff happens on an annual basis.
- All interventions are fully documented and reviewed, changes in practice and approach are based on this evidence base.
- Our PREVENT work permeates all aspects of our curriculum offer, across both the school and residential flats.
- Promoting the core values of: democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect for and tolerance of those who are different, plays a major part in what we do. These values are British values though they are not unique to Britain. We see them as universal values, shared by, and fundamental too, many different countries and cherished by people across the globe.